Thursday, October 9, 2008

Christopher's Update

That's me at my Paramedic Graduation.

Hello all. I hope all is going well with you. I just wanted to throw out a few things I've been up to the past year or so.



I graduated Paramedic school in Febuary of 2008 and started practicing in the start of April. It was a rough year of school that I am very happy to be done with. I am currently still part time at Country Club Hills Fire Department as a Firefigher/Paramedic, but i get roughly max hours every pay period so its almost like I am working full time. I have my application in there for full time hoping to start next year, if they ever finish our fire station. Huge battle with the county on where the sewer pipes and water pipes can go. We just bought a brand new ladder truck that is too big to hold in our station now that can only fit in our new one and we can't even use it yet haha.



I am in school right now trying to finish up my associates degree in Fire science at PSC in Chicago Heights. I have chemistry and a buisness writing class I'm taking right now, and next semester I have all of my Officer classes to take. Those are only offered on Sat and Sun so my weekends are shot for the entire semester almost. After I get those classes done with though I will have my AAS in fire science. I am currently looking into Joliet Junior College to obtain a degree in Paramedicne also. I'm still not sure if I want to go down state to get my BA in fire management at SIU or not. All I know is after i get finished with my degree at PSC I am taking a school vacation haha.



In March will be my 3rd year being a firefighter and i will be able to apply for my Instructor I certificate which will let me teach basic courses and be a teacher's assistant in other courses. I was told already by one of the academys that my father and I go to a lot then when I get it to mail them a resume and that they will take a look at it and probably hire me. My dad and I continue to take courses together. This year we took a class on rope rescue and advanced auto extrication where we learned to cut up buses, semis, tractors, and other large vehicles and farm machinery. It was quite fun.



Other then my work life and school life not much is new. I am single at the time, I thought I met a few Ms. Right along the way but each turned out to have problems that they couldn't control or didn't want to. I had a girlfriend in High School that I really liked. Her name was Shauna Rose. We dated for a few months then decided to break up and still be friends. She moved to Florida in 2006 summer after I graduated. She was suppose to move back to Illinois with her family on May 5th 2007. The night before she had killed herself with an overdose of pain medicine and anti depressents. Her death still bothers me to this day and I think I'll never find someone who I liked and made me happy as much as she did.



Besides my little sad story there, I like to hang out with my friends and go bummin at the mall, watch movies and just hang out. I recently started fishing this year and absolutely love it. My friend Ben and I go whenever we can.








No comments: